Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pop Stand

So far today, I’ve received a total of fourteen combined emails and text messages from people I know regarding my previous post and the idea posited therein. Every single one of these emails and texts said that moving out of New York is the best idea I’ve had in years. I wasn’t expecting that sort of reaction, and I sure as hell didn’t think it’d be universal, so it’s been a very interesting day on the forward-thinking front.

I actually got the same exact text message from two separate people who live almost fifteen-hundred miles apart:

“Dude, you gotta get the fuck out of there.”

I don’t think things are that drastic, exactly, but the wheels started turning a little more vigorously today. Plus, if I move, I can start listening to country music in my car for free again.