Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Astonishing

This is going to sound cryptic. I’m sorry about that, but it kind of has to be that way right now because I don’t want to cause problems for a friend of mine. I also don’t want to get sued, which is what would probably happen if I told the real story of what I’m planning on complaining about here.

I’m not writing a regular post today because I’m absolutely fucking enraged about something. A very good person I know is being fucked over by some very bad people I know. This person has gone way above and beyond the call for me and countless others for several years now, and I’m proud to call him a friend. He has been an incredible help to me both personally and professionally in more ways than I could ever adequately describe in this medium.

This selflessness of his played a huge role in putting him in a prominent position where he was vulnerable to attacks from the aforementioned bad people. These people attacked him because they didn’t want him in this position. They didn’t want him in this position because they were jealous of the fact that he’d succeeded where they’d failed, so they fucked him over and acted in ways that grown men shouldn’t ever act. I wish I could get into specifics here, but I can’t.

No matter how many times I’ve been around to see it, it still amazes me when bad shit happens to good people, especially when the bad shit is avoidable because it’s unnecessarily instigated and perpetuated by assholes. One guy who has helped hundreds of people is being fucked around by a handful of people who’ve never helped anyone but themselves. Believe me when I tell you that the world is decidedly not a better place for it.