Friday, August 11, 2006

Crappy and pointless Friday post

And this is what you get for expecting a good post on a Friday...

Most worknights, I try to sneak in a nap before I leave for the club. I always have dreams during these naps. Maybe this is because naps are not a particularly deep sort of sleep, and because the ends of my naps are usually punctuated by something jarring. You only remember dreams when you wake up in the middle of them, I've heard.

Today I dreamt that I had given my two weeks' notice at the club. I didn't want to bounce anymore, and I finally went through with it and quit. It all ended quietly, and there was a trip home, and I remember feeling very happy on the trip home -- though not orgasmically happy, which sometimes happens in peoples' dreams when they're thinking about sex. There was no sex in this dream, but it made me happy anyway.

In my dream, when I got home, I called all of my friends to tell them I had quit bouncing. That's how excited I was. "Clint" was in my dream. I rang him up and said, "Dude, guess what I did? I quit! I quit bouncing!"

"Why'd you do that?" came his reply. "Who's gonna work the door now?"

I found this to be a strange response, so I hung up on him and tried calling someone else. I called my mother, because of all people, I figured, she'd be the most interested in my plans. She's been telling me to get out of the nightclub business for years, so maybe, I thought, she should've been the first person I called, instead of "Clint."

"Hi Mom!" I said brightly.

"Hi honey."

"Guess what? Your wish has come true! I'm quitting the club business for good!"

"What do you mean?" she asked. "You can't do that!"

"W-why not?"

"Because the club won't have anyone at the door now! How could you leave them like that?"

Glad everyone cares so much.